人人终身学习知识网~是各类综合知识资源信息分享,提升综合素质与提高知识技能的终身学习网络平台

 找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

微信登录

微信扫码,快速开始

他们在生命的岔路口相遇

[复制链接]

"Promise me two things"

“答应我两件事。”

Not today, Dad, I thought.

不,不要在今天,爸爸。我这样想着。

Please not today.

求求你,别在今天说这样的话。

But my plea went unheeded .

但我的祈祷没有应验

When my father had something to say, he said it.

当爸爸想要说什么的时候,他就一定会说出口。

"Promise me I'll die in my own bed."

“答应我,我会死在自己的床上。”

Really, Dad, can't this wait?

真要这样吗?爸爸?这件事就不能等一等吗?

"Promise me I won't die alone."

“答应我,我不会孤孤单单的死去。”

There it was.

事情果然发生了。

Almost three years ago Dad asked me to make those promises .

三年前,我爸爸请我答应他这两个请求

Foolishly, I promised him he would die in his own bed,

傻傻的我做出了承诺,我保证他会死在自己的床上

and he wouldn't die alone.

并且,他不会孤孤单单的死去

Predictably, I broke both promises.

可想而知,我没有实现自己的承诺

I gazed at my two-year-old grandson.

我看着自己两岁的孙子

Yes, two years old today, his birthday.

回复

使用道具 举报

小黑屋/人人终身学习知识网~是各类综合知识资源信息分享,提升综合素质与提高知识技能的终身学习网络平台

Powered by 5wangxiao

© 2007-2021 5wangxiao.Com Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表